Want a rock hard stomach and a strong core? Whether you practice holding a standard plank, a side plank, or the elbow plank, you’re on your way there. Now, you can’t spot reduce fat, but you can target and tone up specific muscles so when the fat burns off, you’re left with a sexy, toned core underneath.
If you’re holding a standard plank, here are some tips from expert Steve Edwards you’ll want to keep in mind so you get the best results.
– Keep your shoulders square above your wrists
– Tuck your hips under by contracting your abs
– Keep your neck long and relaxed
– Focus on something directly underneath you to keep you spine and neck neutral
– Keep your back flat (your body should be in a straight line)
– Stay up on your toes and keep your heels down, low, or flexed
Need some planking inspiration? Check out Tony Horton showing how to plank in all sorts of ways!
Follow our 60 Days ‘Til Summer Countdown and we’ll help get you swimsuit ready with mini-workouts, healthy eating tips, fitness tips, and more! Each morning we’ll post a new tip, so check our homepage or this post to find out what it is. And, make sure to follow the hashtag #SummerCountdown on Twitter for more motivation and to tell us how your #SummerCountdown is going!
Get More Like This
If this article appeals to you, you should consider signing up for a FREE TEAM BEACHBODY account, where you will have access to countless fitness and exercise articles as well as the support of the community. If you’re looking for fitness accountability and motivation, please consider joining one of my monthly fitness challenges!
Show us photos of your favorite plank move!