This is a family favorite, even the kids eat it up.
- 1-2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of paprika (hit for an extra kick or mild for a sweet flavor)
- 1/2 tsp allspice (or substitute 1/8 tsp of ground clove)
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cyanne pepper
- generous palmful of dried peppers, sliced – add seeds & skins
- 1 teaspoon pepper (black or white – I use white but cooks choice)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- juice of one lime (3 tablespoons)
Throw everything in a ziplock and marinate for at least 8 hours for best flavor. Grill outdoors, on skillet, or even throw it in the oven. Chicken is done when juices run clear. You can cook this one a little “black” if you like – it has a wonderful spicy flavor that pairs well in salads, in Alfredo pasta, and in cucumber wraps. I usually grill a few sweet red peppers after I take the chicken off to pair with it. Adds a sweet compliment that fits wonderfully!